Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Kalathan!


It's out at last! I finished writing this book over a year ago but for many reasons it has taken this long to get it published. Part of it was that I wanted to be closer to finishing a second book in the series, and as of today I am a few chapters away from finishing the sequel, Brothers of Kalathan. 

Some fun facts about this new book:

  • I wrote an entire 90 000 word novel with the same title and characters and then binned it. It was BAD. But by then I knew my characters and my land and the new book was worth all the "wasted" time. 
  • I based it on a scribbled idea I had in high school. The original heroine was Trina because I wanted her to be me! Trina was short for Katrina, close enough to my own name. This Trina, however, is nothing like me at all.
  • The original story had magic in it. Didn't work for me!
  • I changed the ending A LOT a few months ago. My mom suggested it and she was right :) 
  • I wrote at lest four chapters in one day while my then 12-year-old son was in hospital for a day and a night having a sinus operation.
  • I have planned out plots for 5 novels (one for each brother with the twins sharing a story), 3 prequel novellas (One about Nuria, one about Shandar and one about Trina's father) and 3 sequel novellas. Kalathan is going to keep me busy for a while. One novella is done and one is 80% done!
  • My favourite character to write: Jandrin. He's awful but I love him. He says the worst things and always gets away with it. 
  • I never planned on Nasa appearing. He just materialised when Trina was on the run and I am glad he did. He'll get a novella of his own later on. 
  • I'm very chuffed that I managed to write a sword fight scene. It was hard!

As always, I need reviews so get in touch for a free digital copy - anyone at all! There are also free copies available on Booksprout if you want to join up there for many more free books to review. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment